Honduras ex-President Lobo's son killed in attack
TEGUCIGALPA, Republic of honduras (AP) — Gunmen killed a son of former Republic of honduras President Porfirio Lobo and three other immature men early Th every bit they left a nightclub in the country's upper-case letter, officials confirmed.
At least five heavily armed gunmen blocked the leave of a parking ramp and pulled Said Lobo Bonilla and three others, including a nephew of the former head of Honduras' joint military chiefs, from two vehicles, according to security video of the incident widely circulated past local news media.
The attackers, wearing what appeared to be vests from a law anti-gang squad, lined the men up against a wall. The images and so cutting off.
As the attackers fled, information technology appeared one had been wounded and had to be loaded into their vehicle.
Lorena Cálix, spokeswoman for the Chaser General's Part, confirmed the death of Lobo Bonilla and retired Gen. Romeo Vásquez Velásquez, ex-head of the joint chiefs, told local news media his nephew Luis Zelaya was as well slain.
National Constabulary Director Gustavo Sánchez said regime would not residue until they found those who carried out the killings and those who ordered them.
"We are investigating," Sánchez said, calculation that government are looking into "the clothing the criminals were wearing."
Republic of honduras' vice minister of security, Julissa Villanueva, suggested the killings were an attempt by criminal groups to destabilize the security arrangement., merely gave no details.
Honduras President Xiomara Castro expressed solidarity with sometime President Lobo and his married woman Rosa Bonilla, also as the families of the other victims. "I condemn decease squads that take operated for years in Honduras with impunity," she wrote on Twitter. "Nosotros won't rest until nosotros dismantle them."
Bonilla was convicted in March of embezzling more than $i meg in public funds while her husband was president. On Thursday, she requested and received special permission to leave prison then she could attend her son'southward funeral.
Another of Porfirio Lobo's sons, Fabio, was sentenced in the U.s. in 2017 to 24 years in prison on drug trafficking charges. Concluding year, the United States announced that the old president would no longer be allowed to enter the country because he had allegedly accustomed bribes from drug traffickers in substitution for political favors.
Porfirio Lobo arrived at the scene Thursday, but police kept him at a distance. He told local press that there had been a third vehicle, but that the dead had come from just two of them and that another of his sons had escaped unharmed.
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/honduras-ex-president-lobos-son-164736502.html
Posted by: jonesnuse1961.blogspot.com

0 Response to "Honduras ex-President Lobo's son killed in attack"
Post a Comment